Blow Off Being an Adult with Us for Four Fridays in August
Summer Fridays is a Small City initiative to gather friends and recapture the fun of summer breaks of our youth. We’ll hang out, eat, watch movies, make stuff, and create memories. If you've got a flexible schedule or the opportunity to work remotely on Fridays, join us. Bring your laptop so you can even pretend to get work done.
August 19: Life's a Beach
Somewhere between a day at the office and a day at the shore, we’ll bring the best parts of the beach indoors so we can enjoy them in the air conditioning. (By best parts, we mostly mean frozen drinks and one of Patrick Swayze’s most memorable performances.) Then we’ll take the F train until it runs out of track so we can end the day at Coney Island.
- Prepare avocado toast for breakfast
- Make pom poms to turn your regular bag or hat into a BEACH bag or hat
- Eat grilled cheeses
- Surfing simulation
- See for yourself if “Frozé” lives up to the hype
- Visit Greenwood Beach in Coney Island
- Endless Summer
- Point Break
- Beaches (not actually a beach movie, but probably goes great with Frozé)
To ensure we have enough of everything for you, RSVP by 2:00pm on Thursday, August 17 by emailing email@example.com.
There is no cost to attend, though you should be prepared to kick in your fair share if you chose to participate in things like the ordering of pizzas, the procurement of ice cream, or the rental of a bouncy castle.
Who Should Attend?
- Our Friends
- Friends of Our Friends
- Future Friends (as in "We haven't met each other yet, but you've got a feeling that once we do, we'll really hit it off), especially if you're interested in knowing more about our creative, collaborative coworking environment